Wednesday 7 September 2016

Many, many thanks

This morning I was very privileged to be farewelled by the wonderful parents of our English language learners.  Thank you for the wonderful card and all the kind messages and gifts - I appreciate them very much.  I was also humbled by the speech that Kathleen gave - the fact that she spoke completely in Maori was incredible, but I know how hard she has been studying Te Reo.  I felt very honoured.

As you all know, I will be retiring at the end of this term - I will miss you all - but it is time for me to spend more time with my family and pursue some of my other interests.  I appreciate the support you have given me, Kathleen, and your children by attending our meetings, being such a big part of our Multicultural Day and supporting our school in the many ways that you do.

Some of you have talked to me about your child's class for next year.  Please check today's school newsletter, as there is an item in there that will give you some important information.

No comments:

Post a Comment